Glenarm from the Irish : Gleann Arma meaning "valley of the army) is a small village in County Antrim. It lies on the North Channel coast north of the town of Larne and the village of Ballygalley, and south of the village of Carnlough. Glenarm takes it name from the glen in which it lies, the southernmost of the nine Glens of Antrim.
The imposing entrance to Glenarm Castle, the Barbican Gate, is at the heart of the village. The Castle dates from 1750, with early 19th century alterations. Glenarm claims to be the oldest town in Ulster having been granted a charter in the 12th century. The Barbican Gate to Glenarm Castle was restored by The Irish Landmark Trust, a conservation charity that saves buildings that are at risk of being lost, thus giving this landmark back to the local community through Open Days.